[T3] VW AM/FM Radio

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 30 11:51:49 PDT 2023

You might try the guy at this site, as he seems to know early VW Sapphire
radios pretty well. The radio you have must be much later and does not
seem to be a Sapphire. (Does it say anything on the dial?) Nevertheless, he
may be able to help you.

https://5060vwradio.myfreesites.net/sapphire-radios

In the past, I've also come across other sites that cover a range of VW "OE"
radios. There's also this thread on thesamba:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/archive/index.php/o-t--t-111350--.html

Beyond that, you could look for Molex connectors to see if they have
anything like what you need, but Molex connectors tend to be rectangular,
while the message you sent me mentioned a circular (DIN?) connector.

You big problem is going to be what to butcher to install stereo speakers.
Please don't consider installing in the doors! If you want FM, look for a
non-stereo AM/FM Sapphire that should be a drop-in installation.

Jim

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org