[T3] VW AM/FM Radio

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 12:35:23 PDT 2023

Jim - (to your response)

The 6-pin, plastic connector on the AM/FM radio IS rectangular ... not
round.

I found a company that sells a 12" loop with 6-pin, male/female connectors
on the end of the wires.
But the ID, female metal connector on my AM/FM radio is appreciably smaller
than any connectors that I've found online.

But ...
1.  removing the existing female connector &
2.)  doing a little "surgery" on the existing wires and
3.)  installing the female half of the 12" connectors "loop" on the radio &
the other male half to the 12-volt in the dash,
4.)  I should have working AM/FM radio in the Squareback.

To date, there is *nothing* that would convince me to "cobble up" & mount
the speakers in the original '69 door panels.

You know I'm a dyed-in-the-wool "stocker"!  😉