[T3] Mechanical Fuel pump kit

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Fri Dec 15 05:29:55 PST 2023

> On Dec 14, 2023, at 11:15 PM, Joe Plowick III <gtixpress at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a Pierburg pump as
> well that didn't work for me last time I tried, and probably needs a
> rebuild as well.  I may have to dig that one out and see if it's got a
> different design and better parts availability.

I'd probably just rebuild that one if I were you. Wolfsburg West sells good diaphragms, with material from Effbe: https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113127141WW

The only difference between type 1 and type 3 pumps of this era is the spring size. Type 3 had a slightly thicker spring for higher fuel pressure. You could always swap over your original spring, although if you measure the fuel pressure and it's within spec, I wouldn't bother.

Soren