[T3] FI fuel pump (rebuilt) to purchase?

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 12 21:06:31 PDT 2023

On 12 Jul 2023 at 22:29, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> Hi Jared. I have a 69 Notchback up in Canada (Winnipeg). I couldnTMt find a
> fuel pump last year and ended up using a generic pump from Napa I believe. It
> seems to be working.

Jeff, I have been rebuilding these pumps for years. You can find my ad for these on
thesamba.com under my username: jadney. There were earlier pumps that don't generally
need rebuilding, but if you have one of the later style, with 3 parallel ports, I can rebuild it.

> Did you ever find a source for one? I couldnTMt.

I'm your source, although Canadian postage and customs make this more difficult.

> Also, should the fuel pump turn off after a few seconds when the key is turned
> on (but not started?) My pump keeps running.

Emphatically yes! If it doesn't turn off after ~1 second, an important safety feature has been
hacked. Check the fuel pump relay and wire 19 from the brain. This should all be controlled
from the brain/ECU.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org