[T3] 73 auto trans type 3 ARR ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 13:50:35 PDT 2023

 I checked the AAR today and drove the car. The AAR was open cold 76
Degrees here. After I blew in the hose to see if it was open, engine off.
Then I drove it today the RPM never increased and actually dropped down to
800 RPM in drive. Once I got home I checked it and it was closed. I didn't
feel any suction at all however the idle was back up to 1400 RPM.

 I now know it's not the AAR , Since it does at times drop to 800 RPM in
drive at least today it did, Then with the AAR closed and I did not adjust
the Idle speed because when this rpm rises I have 1000 RPM in drive. All I
can think of is some new vacuum leak and I didn't see any hoses off and
just changed them all last year along with everything else intake gaskets,
Rummer boots , injector seals, fuel lines, every single hose.

 All I can think of is a new vacuum leak or the dist sticking maybe a
broken spring  but it does not ping one bit. It does run fine.  I hoped it
would be simple , guess not.

William