[T3] Type 3s at the All Air-Cooled Gathering (Michigan) - June 16-18, 2023

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon May 8 20:02:24 PDT 2023

On 8 May 2023 at 20:20, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> Would the location of the event be somewhat near Ludington MI, where the
> Lake Express Ferry docks?

I've never taken the ferry, but this had also been wandering around in the back of my head.
So I've taken some time to look into it. Here's what I've found:

The better choice would be the Milwaukee to Muskegon ferry. That's still a bit north of the
gathering, but still a better choice than the Ludington ferry. The cost, however, is rather high.

Round trip for one car and two people over 65 comes to $389. That's for "Classic" (read:
Coach) accomodations on the 2.5 hr trip. "Premier" (read: First Class)  That seems quite high
to me, but my price sense is years out of date. Go ahead, call me cheap.

They run two trips a day, each way, leaving Milwauke at 6 AM and 12:30 PM CDT and
leaving Muskegon at 10:15 AM and 4:45 PM EDT. They ask you to show up 45 minutes
before departure (probably less if you don't have a car.)

Tickets and reservations have to be made in advance.

This would be a hard sell for me, but, OTOH, it might be worth the experience.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org