[T3] Sophy Update

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 16 04:25:47 PDT 2023

Wow, John, those carbs look awesome. Does he blast those parts with
baking soda? Sophy still looks great; it's hard to believe that it's been 22
years since you bought her. Once you owned her, how long did it take to get
her drivable, and then into this beautiful, final condition?

It's also hard to believe that we are ALL now 22 years older!

We're looking forward to seeing a bunch of our east side Type 3 friends at
the Gilmore Aircooled Gathering in June. I've got 2 cars coming from
Wisconsin, but I'm still hoping that others may decide to attend. Have you
heard anything from Bob & Sue Heydt?

I still need to get my '71 out of the garage and see how drivable she is. I
don't expect any problems: I've started her a few times over the winter and
more recently, but you never know.... Tires remain a consideration. These
are getting old, and new, good quality 165SR15s are not so easy to find
these days.

Jim

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org