[T3] Back on the road

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu May 18 06:24:04 PDT 2023

On 17 May 2023 at 20:25, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> I found a couple online and they seem to be listed simultaneously for the
> Beetle and Type 3, such as this one:
> https://www.cip1.ca/c24-311-953-513-b/ from CIP1.
>
> And this one from ISP West:
> https://vwispwest.com/turn-signal-switch-1968-1970-311953513b/

311 953 513 B is the correct part for your '69. (I had to find your old emails
to see what year you had.) If this is actually what they are selling, it looks
like it should work, but make SURE that the problem is in the TS switch
before you spend this money, since there are several other places where
this can go wrong. You may find a cheaper and easier solution.

You will probably have to pull the steering wheel to inspect things and do
your troubleshooting. Once you do that, the problem may be obvious. Read
up on all this in the Bentley before you start.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org