[T3] this was NOT the guy who rebuilt MY transmission

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Oct 26 16:30:20 PDT 2023

In the T4 world its the same basic idea, but a little more complicated and
more troublesome.
There are 2 cranks seals supplied out there, a 10 and a 12mm thick one, if
you put the 10 down till it seats,
It will leak, the 12 is Ok but sometimes leaks at the case seam.

In my case when I removed the 6 crank bolts, oil came out of them,
indicating that it was the O ring seal on the inside of the flywheel that
was leaking,
That seal looked a bit dilapidated So I think it was the problem, I did
replace the crank seal although it didn’t look like it was leaking so I used
another victor
That I had.

Rear wheel bearings are now re-lubed and re-assembled, rear brakes adjusted
and the half shafts are back on the wheel end.  Leaf cleanup tomorrow
But a nice Saturday should get the last details done so come spring when the
tranny is back, I can whip it in, and get on the road again.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com