[T3] 2024 Invasion Trip Report

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Wed Jul 3 16:19:36 PDT 2024

Day 6 – Monday June 24th

Time to start the drive home to Dearborn.  We were only planning to go as far as North East, PA so did not have to get up super early.  Even so, I was up just after dawn checking the cars and get a few things packed.  I am glad I did because Sophy’s left rear tire was low on air pressure, only had about 10psi in it.  Turns out she picked up a screw at some point in the trip and had slow leak.  Popped the wheel and tire off and installed a plug.  Rolled it across the street to the Stewarts gas station and aired it up.  Everything else was good to go.  Got the last of the packing done after Jill and Gabby were up.  We said our good byes to the other Invaders that were still around and pulled out with Mary & Richard Spryer following us.  We planned to cruise together until just past Cleveland.
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20156.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20157.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20158.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20159.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20160.jpeg

We chose to take the little bit longer, non-toll route across southern NY state to avoid the traffic and construction on the NYS Thruway.  It was a perfect day for a drive.  Temps started out in the 60s and never got above 80 the enter day.  Jill and Gabby didn’t even need to use the A/C in the Ghia.  We even caught up to Dave & Gail and Marion & Peg and were able to cruise with them for a little bit before are paths separated just north of Albany.
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20161.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20162.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20163.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20164.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20165.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20166.jpeg

We rolled into North East about 6pm or so, IIRC.  No issues with any of the cars.  We grab dinner at the restaurant adjustment to the hotel and Gabby and I had a quick swim in the hotel pool.
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20167.jpeg

Day 7 – Tuesday June 25th

We just had a little over 4-1/2 hours to get home on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, there was some serious weather moving through Michigan and headed right for us along the coast of Lake Erie.  We decided to wait it out for a little bit rather than get started at 7:30 in the morning.  By 9:30 we decided to make a go of it and see if we can at least get to Cleveland before the rain hit.  The rain did start as we rolled into Cleveland, but the storms had lost most of their energy and it never rained really hard, but did rain steady until we were on the west side of the Cleveland area and at our spot where we split with Mary & Richard.
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20169.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20170.jpeg

The rest of our drive was perfect.  We dropped our niece off at her parents and made the final 45 minute push home.  It was another fabulous Invasion and roadtrip.  Already looking forward to the next one….only 2 years away!
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20171.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20172.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20173.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20174.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20176.jpeg
https://www.carartbyjohn.com/2024Invasion/2024InvasionWebPhotos/2024Invasion%20-%20177.jpeg

Thank you to everyone that made this Invasion as memorable and enjoyable as the previous 10.