[T3] 2024 Invasion Trip Reports...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 21 07:01:32 PDT 2024

Melissa has been showing me the photos you folks have been posting on
Facebook, so I've been able to watch the Invasion progress. Looks like a
good group of people with a few fresh, new faces, which is always good. I
recognize most of the old faces, but somehow they all seem to be a bit older
than I recall.

Melissa and I regret that we couldn't join you this year, but we don't regret
the heat that you had to travel in. It was extremely hot here in Madison for
most of the past few days, but we've also had a lot of rain, which we needed,
and which also cooled things down. Hope the rain stays here thru the
weekend and Ticonderoga stays dry, warm and comfortable.

I'd like to send a special Shoutout to Gail Pallo, for the beautiful quilt she
sent to Melissa. Frankly, it's awesome! It took us several days to notice the
"mistake" Gail sewed into this work, just to prove that it was all done by
human hands. Thanks, Gail, that was extremely thoughtful.

In case you're interested, Richard & Mary have pictures of us with the quilt
on their phones. Maybe those could be added to the Facebook page.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org