[T3] Speedometer Report

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Aug 25 21:52:48 PDT 2011

On 25 Aug 2011 at 21:32, Know One wrote:

> If I pushed the needle onto the shaft too lightly it slipped and if I
> put it on hard, the backside of the counterweight rubbed against the
> silver beauty cover that hides the attachment screws.
>
> I installed it a few times thought I got it. I installed the speedo
> tonight and went for a test run and it still rubs and doesn't provide
> an accurate or consistent speed indication.

Are you sure the problem is that the backside of the needle is
rubbing? I've never seen that (but I've never actually had to remove
and replace a needle) and there are other things that can cause
erratic needle movement.

> The good news is that the trip odo does work!

Congratulations, but it they often work intermittently, so you'll
need more experience with it before you know whether it's totally
reliable or not.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org