[T3] knocking sound at a hard stop-front of car

John L. Morgan IV emailjohnmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:10:20 PDT 2011

Knocking noise coming from front of car when brakes are applied hard?!

Wheels were recently placed.  Got right bolts from ISP West.
Before I got the right bolts, I took the car in before finding out
the hard way (waiting for an hour) that the stock bolts wouldnt work.
When the old wheels (not the Mahles) were put on the knocking
started.  I thought maybe the mechanic didnt tighten a lug bolt up right
and that it would fix itself with the new wheels.
Well, now it went to my VW guy for the wheel change over
and today to a wheel place to have a valve stem fixed.
The knocking is still there only when coming to a hard stop.
So, it happened with old wheels and now, new wheels.
I am stumped!
70fb