[T3] Noise from the right side cylinder head.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 22 07:02:17 PDT 2011

On 22 Jun 2011 at 0:35, Alex Satala wrote:

> So there could be 2 problems , one being the rocker socket not getting oil or
> oil not getting on the right side of the engine. I have some long stock pushrods
> (about 5 pieces so far, still searching...). Can i install long ones on the
> right with no problems?
> Ill measure the long rods to see their length. The pushrods were not shortened
> or anything.

VW only made one length, so that leaves us wondering where you got a
2nd length. Until we figure out which of yours are the stock length
we won't know what to suggest.

If there's a mismatch between the oil holes, you might not get oil
anywhere up to the rockers; that's why I suggest you look for oil
coming out there. If there's no oil, things are likely to be noisy
there, because the oil fills up some of the clearances.

Did you recheck the valve clearances?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org