[T3] A new T-34 owner?

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 27 21:03:27 PDT 2011

On Jun 27, 2011, at 8:51 PM, Keith Park wrote:

> John, I was gonna ask your opinion on 3 point retractables in the Crate,  I
> got a set of T3 ones, I have the inner tunnel mounts but nothing on the
> rocker, I was thinking of bolting it to the floorpan with a reinforcement
> washer, but... ya think I can wedge it between the body and pan around one
> of the pan bolts?
>
> Lookin for ideas!

Here are some links to a schematic and pictures of the installation I did on Jill's Ghia.

Cross-section schematic showing how it all goes together....
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatBelt_1.jpg

Photo of the retractor mounted in the car....
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatBelt_2.jpg

Photo of the upper D-ring mounting....
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatBelt_3.jpg

Photo of the inner buckle assemblies installed....
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatBelt_4.jpg

Photo of the anchor reinforcement installed.  I gooped it up with some ultra-black silicone sealant since I pierced the floorpan to install the retractor.
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatBelt_5.jpg

Photo of the anchor reinforcement with color enhancement to show the outline of the new anchor....
http://www.carartbyjohn.com/JillsGhia/GhiaSeatBelt_6.jpg

I like this arrangement for the anchor since it transfers some of the load into the rocker through the body bolt and it gets the loading in two planes.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com