[T3] great weekend drive

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 17:44:27 PDT 2011

> Well, here's hoping you all got out and drove your T-3 a
> little this weekend!

A few weeks ago as I was adjusting the chokes I went to the back to discover a serious fuel leak! The T-pipe that splits the flow from the fuel pump was leaking over the top of the front of the case. Scary.

A couple of weeks later I investigated to find that the T was smooth aluminum and the hose was not cracked, it was leaking between the hose and the T material. I was able to tighten up on the hose clamps, but it felt that I was tightening it too much. It shouldn't have to be tightened that much.

I went to the FLAPS a few days ago and obtained a brass T with barbed ends and ended up replacing all three hoses in the process, even though they looked good and had no cracks. I didn't need to tighten them up nearly as much. No leaks.

Installed it all, and adjusted the chokes to remain open after about 5 minutes of running.

Took it for a short drive to get some electrical parts for a house project.

Ran well, it was a nice drive. Felt good.

Jeff '67 Sqbk