[T3] Parting out front axle and rear subframe!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 12:54:13 PDT 2011

I remember having to remove the disc in the end of the torsion bar housing
on a '50s Beetle to allow me to drive the broken torsion bar end from it.
The Type 3 one has similar setup.  It may help.   I'm surprised it is stuck
in the inner splined sleeve, but maybe it's well corroded.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club