[T3] Camber Problems

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Sep 12 20:01:43 PDT 2011

On 12 Sep 2011 at 16:05, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> No real change.  I completely leveled the beam, measured across top
> shock mounts, across top of beam, middle of beam, bottom.  Tires are
> off, so I measured again the range of ball joint movement with the beam
> 100% level.  I'm getting about 2.9-3.7 on the right side, and 2.0-2.5ish
> on the left.

Since you've got the car in the air and the wheels off, the tires and
torsion bars don't really control the position of the rotors. Since
you're against the bump stops, what are the chances that the bump
stops are crushing different amounts?

Also, the camber would be affected by any side to side play in the
sway bar. Is there any play there? Is the sway bar loose in the LU
torsion arm?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org