[T3] Type 3 tires etc...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Feb 7 06:56:10 PST 2012

On 7 Feb 2012 at 1:24, J. Jonik wrote:

> It seems unlikely that the idea of tires being made "illegal" after a
> certain age will get legs.    After all, imagine all the tire
> businesses and warehouses etc having to dispose of their inventory all
> the time....after some number of years...despite perfect storage
> conditions.

I doubt if that would ever happen. Tires may sit in warehouses for
months, but never years. They're made continuously, as required to
satisfy retail and warehouse demand, and I suspect the warehouses
rotate their stock so that their oldest tires go out first. When I've
bought new tires, they are generally about a year old. I've never
seen a new one that was anywhere close to 2 years old.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org