[T3] Intermittent hesitation/stall.?

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:17:27 PST 2012

Jim A. comment.

Very likely the ground screws for your '68 fuel injectors are losing
a good connection to ground. There is a ground screw on each head
('68-9 only.) These lose contact as the head warms up. Tightening
only helps temporarily. I have Belleville washers to go under these
screws to make a very cheap, but permanent, fix.
In case anyone who is trying to comment on another persons post, here's
what I did with Jim's advice: Re. Norman Roush's Intermittent
Hesitation/Stall problem.

I simply copied Jim's paragraph, opened a new Compose Mail window, Pasted
Jim's Copied paragraph in the new window, added a line of **************,
to separate Jim's comment from my comments and Sent my message to
type3 at vwtype3.org

Here's my comment about Jim solving MY Intermittent Hesitation/Stall
(except my '69 FI, MT never stalled) problem in the summer of 2011.

After Jim's (driving) and me (shotgun) test drive at 55mph on the highway,
my '69 was "running rough".  Drove back to Jim's house.  He installed two
Belleville Washers under the two (R & L) Factory Fuel Injector
Ground-to-Head Screws.  When I drove highway speeds 15 miles back to where
my car is garaged, the car ran without hesitation.  I called Jim to tell
him, the car ran like it was NEW..  Great, easy, simple fix ... Thanks to
Jim, who (again) diagnosed the problem correctly and knew how to fix it
with the Belleville Washers.

Kudos, Jim.

Norman, I hope this is the simple fix for your problem, too.

Does this post follow the CORRECT Type 3 "protocol" for responding to a
question?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)