[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Feb 12 15:16:46 PST 2012

On 12 Feb 2012 at 10:53, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> The wire from under the seat goes past the battery and exits the
> battery well in the rear.  However, I notice that under the car, that
> wire connects to the starter but it comes from the REAR of the car.  I
> was expecting to find it exiting the interior of the car INFRONT of
> the starter.  Where does it go after it leaves the battery area?
> Bentley shows it just connecting to the starter after it leaves the
> connector under the seat.

The wire from the ignition switch comes from the front. The wire
coming from the rear tells the FI that you're running your starter.

Look for a different wire coming from the front.

If it was the wire from the rear that you energized accidentally
earlier, that would have caused the fuel pump relay to click. That
would have been the noise you heard.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org