[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 15 06:59:40 PST 2012

On 14 Feb 2012 at 20:43, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> Does this apply to the wire going to the E.C.U.? My wire going from starter to F.I.
> harness is missing, and one of the things I have not gotten around to it. It starts
> right up despite the fuel pump running.

You can leave that wire off. In your climate it'll probably never be
missed. It triggers the cold start valve, if it's cold enough, and it
adds a bit of extra enrichment for cold starting.

The fuel pump will run by itself when starting, even without that
wire, due to the FI trigger points opening and closing. The purpose
of the primer switch is to pre-fill the fuel loop, before you run the
starter.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org