[T3] Whats is a Type 3 worth?

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Wed Feb 22 12:48:08 PST 2012

It is kind of sad how many people truly believe they are going green and reducing their carbon footprint by purchasing a new vehicle. Granted many newer engines produce less pollutants than older ones. Most of the time this is due to an unmaintained or worn engine. And we do pollute more by running rich during warm up without a catalytic converter. But once up and running our numbers are very close. I believe reducing your carbon footprint is more about utilizing the vehicle until the end of its service life. No manufacturing impacts. No recycling impacts. By keeping our vehicles on the road we are helping America conserve energy. Of course we are not helping the USA GDP, as we are not trashing and buying new vehicles every two to five years. If our economy was based more on subtainabilty and longevity most people would have more personal wealth. Of course that is not how our economy is structured. I did the math before retiring my 1985 diesel Benz and buying a new Honda (I want comfort and reliability for longer trips); the conclusion was the older car made more sense to the Earths welfare. A little off topic, so I apologize.

Yes, and those NADA prices on VW & Porsche are way off. Either too high or too low.

Brion Sabbatino
S. Utah
69 & 70 Squareback