[T3] Tow Bar

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:28:35 PST 2012

*Bob --*
*
Yes. Here's a few links to the pictures of mine. I started out with a Super
 beetle tow bar, and modified it.

Here's how to modify a Super Beetle towbar for use as a Type 3  towbar.
Bob,  For whatever reason, I could NOT see the 5 JPEG photos which you
posted.  Can you send them (in a fairly large size, so I can see the
detail) to my E-mail, In Box address?  gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thanks.

BTW.  I have a high-quality Blue Ox, aluminum, Aladdin Tow Bar
http://www.blue-ox-towbars.com/tow-bars/motorhome-mounted/aladdin-tow-bar
We've been using the B.O. for 11 years, to tow our 3,050 lb., 2000 Honda
Accord, EX V-6.  If I could figure out the correct, Type 3 Axle Beam
"attachment" configuration, I would simply have the tow bar "ears" welded
to the front of the VW tow bar, and use our existing Blue OX to complete
the connection, between Car Tow Bar & the 5,000#, 2" Receiver on the motor
home.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)