[T3] Engine production numbers was Weird Idle Dips

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 16:37:16 PST 2012

The parts book only gives what you've found from the microfilm.  I can't
recall the sources for the other model-year end numbers - I see that I've
only got the rounded up figure for July 1967, and from July '70.
 http://home.clara.net/hallvw/t3engnos.htm

The Samba has month by month production up to July '68 - maybe that's where
I got them from, but perhaps not as I would have included the other missing
ones as well.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/serialnumberst3.php

Looks like I should add the couple of figures I'm lacking.

It does add a rider that says numbers may not be accurate.

Wasn't the Type 34 built on a Type 3 chassis?  I've assumed they are within
the sequence, but someone will put me right if not.

I'm pretty sure the chassis numbers weren't stamped on until final assembly
as that's the only explanation for one of my 3 consecutive Squarebacks dated
and painted body plate being out of sequence with chassis numbers.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club