[T3] Engine production numbers was Weird Idle Dips

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Mar 6 05:34:49 PST 2012

In a message dated 3/6/2012 6:20:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

That's  how I've thought as well.  I haven't any
information tieing Type 34s  or 14s chassis numbers with production dates as
shown from Birth  Certificates.  Is there any sort of date plate on the 34s
like the  ones on the other Type 3s, which would let us tie it down  any
better?

It's not a production plate per se, but there is a body number stamped into
 the right front sheet metal, located near the VIN tag. It doesn't tell
much, as  it's just a 3 digit number. I personally don't know how to decode
that number,  but those with more T-34 experience have tried. Since the front
clip on my own  has been replaced, that number is no longer good on it, but I
was able to find  out that the replaced section did come from a 64 (which
kept it year correct).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)