[T3] Child seats in a Square

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Mar 9 21:02:41 PST 2012

On 9 Mar 2012 at 20:14, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

>  My 72 FB has a place behind the rear quarter window to mount a
> shoulder strap(or I think that is what it is). Don't know if the Notch
> or Squares have them.

I know squares have them. This has always seemed odd, because the
microfilm doesn't show ANY rear seat shoulder belts. The only reason
I can see for having the mount points back there would be if VW
actually supplied rear shoulder belts in some markets, but it does
not appear that they did.

Perhaps there were some markets out there that installed their own
aftermarket belts in the rear.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org