[T3] car died on way home

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:05:04 PDT 2012

> >  Nothing glaring.  Tried to start the car a few times and it turned over
> > fine but would stay running.
>
> I assume there should be a NOT in there.

YES, I meant "not stay running"

Back at the engine, against the "firewall," just to left of center,
> there should be an inline connector that connects a FI wiring harness
> wire from the brain to a wire into the rear main wiring harness. This
> wire leads to the fuel pump relay and is what makes the relay close.
> Check that connection and make sure that the wires are plugged
> together correctly. Sometimes, if someone has been in a hurry, the
> two connectors get pushed in there alongside one another instead of
> inserted inside one another.

OK, thanks for giving me a starting point.  I am already suspecting the
connector because I was looking at it the other day when I had the starter
issue.  I was trying to track down what the extra wire on the starter was
going to and I probably messed up this connection even though I thought I
had put it back together correctly.

I will letcha all know if I have success.  Thanks for the replies...

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback