[T3] car died on way home

Mark Fuhriman mfuhriman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 15:17:57 PDT 2012

I don't recall all the symptoms you described, but I once had intermittent
stalling/no-start trouble that I eventually traced to a bad coil.  I had a
newish Bosch "blue" coil that was made in Mexico.  I replaced it with a
rusty, original Bosch black coil that I got from a junkyard car, and things
have been going just fine since then.  Like others here, I don't like to
recommend automatic replacement of parts without a positive diagnosis of
fault, but if I had a newer Bosch blue coil, I would replace it with
something at least 15 years old.  I have heard similar stories about recent
coils from Brazil.

Mark
'69 Fastback