[T3] Missing Messages (Clutch dept.)

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 21:33:24 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/24/2012 7:06:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  j
_jonik at yahoo.com writes:

The  rattle noise DOES go away when the clutch is depressed a few  inches.

Will adjust clutch cable---pedal play---and respond with  results.

Secondary question is...IF clutch cable needs adjustment,  isn't that a
sign of it stretching, maybe fraying, somewhere near a breaking  point? (I'm
keeping a spare cable in the car anyway.)

Third...what IS  the sound of a valve going bad?

Either the cable is stretching some, or the throw out bearing needs a new
layer of grease (usually a replacement).

No, I don't think a valve will make that kind of noise, but Jim would know
for sure.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)