[T3] Frustrating stalling problem

Norman Roush naroush at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 10 21:28:54 PST 2012

Back on 2/6/12 I wrote about a hesitation/stall problem I had with my '68 Sqbk w/MT and stock FI.  I thought I had the problems worked out (loose connections and bad dizzy clamp).  The car has been starting and running well until Friday afternoon when it stalled at a red light.  I could not get it started and had it towed home.  I got the car started but it will not keep running.  Dwell, timing, battery and valves are OK.  It appears that fuel pressure is OK but I do not have a gauge to test.  It starts easily but will stall, sometimes after just a few minutes, sometimes after several minutes.  What connections will kill the engine if not tight?  I can be sitting in the driver's seat with the engine idling and it will stall so it seems like minimal vibrations may be part of the problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Norman
Sunnyvale, CA