[T3] flaps

Chris Sheridan cscsheridan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 23:08:36 PDT 2013

I let it cool down for an hour or so and examined the engine. I noticed
that the underside of the rubber bellows was detached from the body and
curled inwards, allowing exhaust to enter the cooling stream. Fingers
crossed thats all it was. I reattached it as best I was able - a
combination of a smaller reproduction bellows and old tired clamps make a
tough fit. I got it back on and put some white out on the rod and the case
near the distributor and warmed the car up, hoping to be able to see the
rod eventually turn. I looked at the thermostat with a flashlight and it
appeared to have expanded after a couple of test rides and leaving it
running, but I didn't see the white out marks move at all so it seemed like
the rod didn't turn, although I couldn't be sure. I'm going to try again
tomorrow with the trick you mentioned of using a wire through the spark
plug clamp hole.