[T3] I miss my Aircooleds in the winter!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Dec 21 17:51:43 PST 2013

In a message dated 12/21/2013 8:38:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 21 Dec 2013 at 20:01, Keith Park wrote:

> Now my poor  winter car with its bulletproof 1.8L 8V has a bullethole
> sized hole in  the block Under the timing belt!  Man I miss the
> aircooleds. I  hate to mess with coolant!

Yes, this is one of the clear advantages of  air cooled cars. Are you
sure the rust-thru wasn't thru a "freeze" plug.  That would be the
most common place, AND the easiest to fix.

That was my thought too. I've seen a lot of rusted out freeze plugs over
the years. Might be worth investigating Keith.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction