[T3] Generator Belt Tension

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 11:57:56 PST 2013

In a message dated 2/6/2013 12:31:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cscsheridan at gmail.com writes:

Hi,
I have been having some issues with my 1970 automatic  fastback recently -
the belt tension seems unacceptably loose. My generator  is 1 year old,
pulley and belt also one year old. The belt is a Continental  10x1005. I am
using no shims at all and still have no traction when I try  to turn the
motor with the nut on the generator the generator just spins  without moving
the motor at all.

I'm using the same belt, but I had to use 2 shims in between the  pulley
halfs to get the tension right. You might try the Gates belt number  3970
instead.

Bob 65 Notch  S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71 Square-vert  under construction