[T3] D-Jet /L-Jet

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 07:39:30 PST 2013

In a message dated 2/13/2013 10:28:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 13 Feb 2013 at 19:20, Keith Park wrote:

> What Id like  to know is WHERE are the trigger points on the Cosworth
engines
> That  used the D jet?  It AINT in the distributor!

What Cosworth  engines? Are you SURE they were D-jet? There's a lot of
confusion out  there.

When Toyota first introduced the MR-2, Road & Track had an  article
about it that talked about it's D-jet FI engine. I was pumped! I  went
right out to a dealer to look at one, only to discover that it wasn't
D-jet at all. (L-jet, perhaps?)

Actually it was a modified D-Jet system, in that it used some Rochester
parts like the variable fuel pressure regulator, along with 2 fuel pumps. I
drove 1 in 2011, and it really ran great.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction