[T3] EFI conversion

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 08:20:42 PDT 2013

It would be easiest to use 2 lengths of steel fuel line for each supply &
return and join them at the tunnel access plate.  The stock electric fuel
pump bolts the the cutouts in the beam with a couple oval shaped brackets
that would be easy to fabricate if you can't find,buy,ship a used ones.

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM, SAW DUST <sawspatch at hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2013, at 6:26 PM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:
>

> > Sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been without a computer for over a
> > week (it was in the shop).
> > Personally, I'd abandon the existing fuel line in the tunnel (too
> > restrictive for a return for the FI system), and run 2 new 5/16ths lines
> under  the
> > car, along side the tunnel (cap the ends of the old line). I went that
> > route with my 71 Notch, that I rebuilt a few years ago. On it, I used
> adel
> > clamps (metal band style clamps, with a rubber layer to prevent
> chaffing), and
> > drilled and tapped the tunnel for anchor points (you could use self
> tapping
> > screws too). By placing the lines there, they were outside the car, held
> > tight  to the pan (in case your car is lowered), and were new (no rust
> inside
> > to clog  the new injection parts). I also used the ford ranger fuel pump
> > (Airtex #  E2000), and moved the pump to the center of the beam, using a
> stock
> > type 3  fuel pump mount. Granted I was using an FI tank, that set up
> worked
> > great, and  the car was lowered 2 splines up front (with 195-60-15
> tires),
> > and  dropped 1 spline plus in the rear (with 205-65-15 tires). I never
>  had
> > it hit the fuel lines, and I live in an area with some rough roads,  and
> > really rough rail road crossings. :O
> >
> > However, since you're using the 67 tank, you'll want to add a sump, or
> > surge tank to keep the pump primed all the time. You could add a bolt  on
> > fitting to the fuel filler neck to use as a return (if you don't  want
> to weld on
> > the tank), but you'll need the surge tank for sure.
> > I hope this helps.
> >
> > Bob 65  Notch S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
> > 64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
> > 71  Square-vert under  construction
> >
> Bob,
> Thanks for joining the party. All great info so far by everybody, THANKS !!
>
> I was really hoping that someone who had done what I'm attempting would
> chime in and it sounds like i have a very similar goal. A few questions for
> ya.
> #1 your thoughts on the option of doing a weld on fuel sump Vrs. The sump
> tank. How big is said sump tank and where would I locate this tank if I
> choose that path.
> #2 the Ford fuel pump is a good idea but my FI Kit has a fuel pump
> included.  the stock fuel pump bracket, Is this welded to the beam or is it
> a bolt on item? Is this factory bracket available to purchase , nos or used?
> #3 Was it to difficult to run the fuel lines through the tunnel or Just
> not worth the effort? I have to say, having the fuel lines so exposed would
> make me very nervous.
> [...]

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/