[T3] Stuck Wipers

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 11:13:50 PDT 2014

In a message dated 4/20/2014 2:11:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Bobsnotch at aol.com writes:

Keep in mind that IF you don't do something soon, you can  actually  loosen
up the bushing from the transmission. If that  happens, then the bushing
will eat the center of the seal, causing  water damage to the inside of the

car. BTDT with my old 76 bug.  That's IF you're lucky, that only that
happens.
Otherwise, the shaft  seizes in the bushing, then completely stops moving,
burning up the  wiper motor. :O

I should add that I've seen the shaft try to "weld" itself to the  bushing.
If that happens, only heat from a torch and a punch will get it  free.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction