[T3] rough idle at cold start up

topnotch at nycap.rr.com topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 14:49:28 PST 2014

If your idle is not FAST enough, the AAR needs to be adjusted, but be careful that it doesnt get too fast
during the latter parts or the warmup stage especially in the 71 and earlier cars, with idle cutoff.
if you get too rich a mixture, you can shunt the head temp sensor, this will bring the resistance down when its cold and have no effect when its hot.  THey often run a bit rich during the intial warmup but I have found with the D systems anyway, Starting it and having it immediately stall ONCE when its really cold, is a nice compromise to having it run too rich.  you dont want to lean it out more than that,.

Keith