[T3] 67 notch Insurance?

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 19:07:08 PST 2014

In Wisconsin there are a variety of state issued license plates.

The insurance companies seem to write policies and collect premiums based
on several criteria:
1.)  Classification (Antique, collector, hobbyist) ... each type has
restrictions.  I choose Collector because my car was over 20 years old when
I applied for my #855.  Collector cars pay a one-time fee (mine in 1989 was
$40.00, currently they are $200.00)  I can drive my '69 any time I wish ...
but I MUST own a modern car and license it annually.
2.)  Where the car is "stored or garaged" (Zip Code) has a bearing on the
insurance rate.  And coverage can be changed ... ala collision, liability,
etc. day-to-day, week-to-week, etc.
3.)  Premiums can change if the storage location is locked or unlocked.
4.)  Accidents, tickets, etc. also enter into the premium picture.

I've had State Farm Insurance since 1952.  Only three agents. 62 years.
 Cars, boats, motorcycles, etc.  Our motor home is NOT insured by State
Farm but by a company which understands & specializes in RV's.  State Farm
doesn't compete in the RV market very well.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)