[T3] New Distributor Same Results, 034

J L Stamey jlstamey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:56:59 PDT 2014

note to self... never change my weber ict's! I only drive her once a week
twice at most, so mileage is a non issue with my T3.
My 06 TDI jetta is another story though.... about 25K annual miles, roughly
45 MPG AVERAGE over her life! and I drive like I stole it, all the time!
Yes, it's that good. Jim Adney will verify, but he has a A6, MK6. Not too
sure about the A6, MK6, that Jim owns, but the VW diesels get super duper
milage! mine is a A5. My B5, 97 Passat would go 800+ miles on 18 gals!! She
got better milage, about 47-48 MPG.
Better, but it still will fall on its face at low rpm. I don't have to
flutter it off the line as much, but I do still have to flutter it off the
line.

My next course of action is to blow the car up and start with a
manual......or get an lm1 connected to it to see exactly what is happening
at low rpm. My suspicion is that 4 throats are filling with air faster than
these little heads can deal with it causing a lean condition and bog.

I'll keep messing with it and report back. I still have some tricks up my
sleeve. I just didn't expect this much trouble from a better set of carbs.
Part of me wants to go back to ict's, but the mileage gain from the Dell's
is unreal and will pay for themselves rather quickly...

Torn,
Adam