[T3] New Distributor Same Results, 034

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:22:57 PDT 2014

"2A) Depending on the converter, it can be 1850 to 2250 (for  t-2,3,&4).
The list as follows goes T-2-1950 to 2250, T-3 1850 to 1950, and  T-4 1900
to 2000. So you can see they're very similar. But, VW doesn't want  you to
test those rpms for more than 18 seconds at a time, due to the  possibilty
that you can burn up the forward gear clutches. I'm also  adding this note
from VW.
Note; When checking the stall speed take into  account
the fact that it will drop about 125 rpm per 3000
feet of  altitude. It will also drop slightly at high
ambient temperatures, because  cylinder charging is reduced (normal drop is
200 rpm from the 900-950  rpms in neutral at sea level).

One more thing pointed out, is that you want a minimum 700 to 750  rpm in
gear. I hope this helps."

Thanks Bob. The reason I brought it up is the fact that my car has a type 4
converter in it. That does not look like enough difference in stall to make
a difference. I just thought I would check.