[T3] Addiction

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Jun 7 04:51:56 PDT 2015

Timing marks shown at
http://home.clara.net/hallvw/type3ign.htm

For the later markings (from '72 models), the most left is 5 ATDC, so TDC is
second from the left.
Yours with twin vac should be timed to the third from the left 5 BTDC (but
see note* about resetting idle when timing, and re-setting after).
Also, the throttle switch adjustment should be correct before doing the
timing (Bentley notes this).

Good luck!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club