[T3] 73 T3 IRS rear bearings?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 12:44:54 PST 2016

In a message dated 2/8/2016 1:14:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
catnine09 at dslextreme.com writes:

It does  not seem to matter what position either R or L wheels/bearings are
in ,the  only play I consider a concern is the play I feel lifting either
wheel up  with a bar. I can only hazzard a guess and say they move up from
settled  down position an 1/8" . When I drive it and make a turn where one
wheel is  going down in a dip while the other wheel it moving up like a
drive
way I  don't hear a clunk .

I can't make sense of this play. Any thought's  would help .

My personal thought is that you're worrying about nothing. If it'll  make
you feel better, I'd clean, inspect, and repack both rear bearings on  both
sides, and see if that eliminates the play you're feeling. If it does, then
you've found your culprit. If it doesn't, then you've greased them, and they
 should be good to go until long after you've kicked the bucket
(150K+miles).  Meaning what you might be feeling is actually normal wear of the
bearings.

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof