[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 19:21:57 PDT 2016

In a message dated 3/14/2016 10:10:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sjbartnik at mac.com writes:

Dan  asked me to test drive the car and so I obliged.  He wanted me to push
 it, so I did.  My first thought upon flooring the pedal was “my ’65 is
faster than this.” I should note that the ’65 is an S but it is still a 1500
 and was built with flat-top pistons rather than the original dome-top
pistons.  Also, Dan carries probably about 200 lbs. worth of tools more  in the
trunk than I carry so maybe that has something to do with it.   :-)
Sean, Did Dan's car seem to accelerate better "off line" than your  Square,
or was it more of a dog? Just asking, as I've had 2 Notchbacks here, and  1
had carbs while the other had FI. The FI car seemed to have better low end
grunt, but after both were rolling, you couldn't tell the difference. Both
had  good power too.

I'm wondering if Dan's distributor has moved a little (retarded), and  that
might be causing what you were feeling.

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof