[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 77, Issue 13

S UNSWORTH s.unsworth816 at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 19 01:11:46 PST 2017

Greetings again from Switzerland !

I mean you can turn the Key to Ignition on position, check all the ignition out and find it OK.

Then turn the Key to crank the engine over. It will crank all day without starting, until the battery goes flat, because the ignition contact has been lost with the Key in that position. You decide to give up. Release the Key. The engine starts.

We are in Kandersteg in the Bernese Oberland by the way. Very near to Thun, where some of the first Porsche 356 bodies were made by the coach builders Beutler.

They run the Jungfrau Classic Car Rally here every year. August 25th-26th this year. jungfraurallye.com

Lady Drivers only, it seems !

Regards,

Steve