[T3] Diagnosis help for a badly running 1971 VW 411

Jens Vagelpohl jens at type4.org
Mon Aug 12 19:13:39 PDT 2019

Hi Keith,

Yes, the 1.8 (engine code EC) was L-Jetronic. Same engine with the same engine code as used in the 1974 Porsche 914. I used to own a 412 wagon with that exact engine.

In Germany the 1.8 was switched to dual carbs in 1974. A lower-compression version with 75hp and a higher compression one with 85hp.

jens