[T3] Ignition replacement

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 10:08:13 PDT 2019

I'm hoping to avoid the problem, having installed a relay in the starter solenoid circuit decades ago to overcome the 'non-starting after a long run' syndrome.  If not, I seem to have a few spares, having parted out three other '71s, two being within 1000 chassis numbers of my Elm green Variant.
That was handy when the hazzard relay fell apart and left me without flashers (not the car's fault, as it had been damaged by a mechanic when checking the car for its MoT some years ago, and I'd had to open it and recrimp it).
Having a few spares is a great help.

Dave
UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club