[T3] Early Front Wheel Cylinders?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 26 11:06:05 PDT 2019

I just posted a question on thesamba regarding VW Type 3 front wheel
cylinders. There are some photos there and I just want to know which part
numbers these could be. Up thru '65, Type 3s had dual leading shoe front
brakes, but there were 4 different versions of cylinders used.

The first version was smaller diameter, for Notches and Ghias only, but after
that, all of them are 22.2 mm (7/8").

The  _ & A versions have completely different plumbing and are 2 different
sizes, so they are easily identified, but versions B & C seem to use the same
casting.

If you're familiar with early Type 3 front brakes, check this out and leave your
comments on thesamba.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=721191&highlight=

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org