[T3] NOS Brake Parts

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Thu Jun 27 22:05:12 PDT 2019

> On Jun 27, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
>
> Yes, that's a well-used seal. You can even see the mark left by the thin
> brass washer it pushed against. I've got a handful of ones I've saved that
> look just like it, but most of the bad ones I have came from tandem MCs,
> where the seals are rings, not full coverage seals.

This reminds me of something I encountered last week: FTE wheel cylinders that use rings for seals instead of cups.

Here's a picture, which I hope won't cause anyone long-term distress ;)

http://blef.org/vw/fteweirdwheelcylinder.jpg

Given my poor experience with other modern wheel cylinders, this design is exciting to me.  Time will tell -- they're being installed on a family member's car, so I'll be watching intently to see how they fare.

Soren