[T3] NOS Brake Parts

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 28 07:23:10 PDT 2019

On 27 Jun 2019 at 22:05, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> This reminds me of something I encountered last week: FTE wheel cylinders that use rings for seals instead of cups.
>
> Here's a picture, which I hope won't cause anyone long-term distress ;)
>
> http://blef.org/vw/fteweirdwheelcylinder.jpg

Yes, some wheel cylinders have always been done this way, just not on VWs
that I know of. To me, this seems like a more difficult way to go about the
problem. ATe did it the same way for the same cars.

What's the diameter (round numbers) of the piston in that photo? Was this a
single or double piston wheel cylinder?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org